I know there are more than we can count, so let’s make things manageable on ourselves and focus on the really, really important ones, k? In my opinion, they are the following:
- Amazon: The ultimate destination for everything is having a HUGE sale on a variety of items including 30% off the Apple Airpod Pros!
- Bloomingdale’s: Take an extra 50% off clearance items and save up to 60% on regularly priced items with the sale running through 9/7.
- Ann Taylor: Take an extra 60% off all sale styles, and 50% off full price styles with code LABORDAY. Ann Taylor always gives us opportunities to find GEMS that we’ll wear constantly, the hunt is WORTH IT!
- Carters: Riiiight, we can shop for little ones, too! Take 50% off sitewide, plus up to an extra 50% off clearance.
- Elemis: Obviously it was the first sale I shopped. Save 25% on select favorites with code LABORDAY.
- Madewell: This one’s kind of massive, kids. Take up to 50% off sitewide with code HIFALL.
- Macy’s: Take up to 60% off with code WKND—remember to check the home AND beauty sections!
- Saks Fifth Avenue: Take up to 80% off select styles. Don’t mind if I do!
- Saks Off Fifth: Take 20% off site wide code LONGWKND.
- The Container Store: Save up to 25% on closet, shelving and garage essentials which, let’s face it, we could all stand to upgrade as we approach another WFH season!
- SkinStore: Take 25% off sitewide with tons of my favorite skincare brands (like Sunday Riley, Dr. Brandt, Beautyblender, and so many more) on sale with code LABOR! This is the perfect chance to try a new product you’ve had in your cart forever.
Yes, we still need indoor activities that are not banana bread. This puzzle is next on my list, and if you’ve done any quarantine shopping for puzzles you’ll know that this one is actually really affordable considering it is a work of actual art. It's beautiful enough for me to maybe turn into one of those people who frames their puzzles once complete. Maybe.
Ready for (really, really good) wine in a can? The McBride Sisters wine brand is a Black-owned purveyor of outstanding wines. This summer, they released She Can Spritzers, 70-calorie remixes of their California wines. In addition to being just a really convenient way to enjoy a delicious drink on a patio, She Can is also a development fund by the McBride sisters that helps black-female-owned small businesses thrive. Read more about what the McBride sisters are doing here! So inspiring.
If you haven’t yet scoped out Ulla Johnson’s new arrivals for Fall 2020, it’s time. There are some truly spectacular pieces available, and because it’s Ulla Johnson, you know the quality is outstanding, so you can invest with confidence. I just ordered this stunning square-neck pullover and I cannot wait for the weather to cooperate enough for me to wear it!
Oh yes, weighted blanket fans, there’s now a way to WEAR ONE AROUND THE HOUSE. Meet the Weighted Robe by Gravity Blankets, with a 3lb weight inside the collar to mimic deep touch pressure stimulation to promote stress reduction and relaxation. Also hi, fluffy robe.
If you need a little cinematic inspiration to get you in the mood for fall (though TBH all I need is like... an apple... actually, make that a caramel apple, thank you), Town & Country just published a fantastic article you can use as your own personal fall viewing guide. Personally, I've started with When Harry Met Sally and You've Got Mail.
If you want to support small businesses (75% of which are BIPOC-owned!) and you want to send a care package to someone special (including yourself who 100% counts as special), look into Hello Care Package. The brand offers subscriptions as well as one-time purchases, and all their boxes contain over $150 worth of small business-made homegoods, accessories, wellness items, and food. One look at the items from past boxes and you’ll be sold... trust me.
Hey, you know what’s not fun? The inside of my mask wearing more makeup than me. Mostly, I try to wear little or no makeup when I know I'm going to be wearing a mask, but sometimes it's unavoidable. This incredibly effective makeup setting spray will keep your makeup where you put it, because your mask is cute enough without a full contour, thx.
We’re all spending what I’ll call an inordinate amount of time in our kitchens, no doubt experimenting with spice at every opportunity. (Or is that just me?) These spice gripper clips help you situation your spices snugly (say that five times fast), wherever you want them, so that they are both close at hand and out of the way.
We don’t pour our batter in this house, thank you. We use a VERY CLEVER GADGET. This little guy dispenses perfectly even and mess-free pancakes, cupcakes, muffins, etc. directly into your baking or cooking vessel, saving you clean up time and the embarrassment of 24 treats, none of which are the same shape or size. Go forth and trick people into thinking you're Ina Garten.