SHIRT: Jonathan Simkhai | SATIN PANTS: Alice & Olivia | SANDALS: Steve Madden | SUNGLASSES: Le Specs | NECKLACE: Baublebar | BAG: Gucci
Today’s Trend Memo is all about statement sleeves, how to wear them from the boardroom to the beach and where to find the best statement-sleeved pieces of the season! BUT FIRST, today is the start of the Shopbop Event of the Season Sale, so be sure to head over there to score basically everything you need for spring and summer while it’s all on crazy sale. Remember to use code EVENT17 for the discount!
Statement sleeves have been the absolute obsession of the fashion world for the past year and this season, designers are upping the ante and doubling down on the trend. Embellished sleeves, bell sleeves, split sleeves, tied sleeves—name the accoutrement and you better believe it’s going to be happening all over your right and left arms.
As you can see, my white blouse today is an arm party in spades with a split down each arm and a cascade of tied bows culminating in a double-decker bell sleeve. I think Jonathan Simkhai is just about the only person who could not only execute this situation to perfection but also look at the end product and be like, yup, it definitely needs more. Let’s add pearls. WITCHCRAFT.
While today is all about the statement sleeve, I’m sporting two other major trends to know this spring and summer: dramatic cat-eye sunglasses and jewel-toned satin. Cat-eye sunglasses have been popping up everywhere, and I love all of the modern takes on the 50s classic. We’re talking skeleton frames, embellished frames, mirrored lenses, and lots more.
As for my ruby red satin pants, these babies have served me well since last fall, and I was excited to see them restocked this Spring. Satin is huge across everything from dresses, skirts, blouses and pants to shoes and other accessories. As for comfort, you just can’t beat it. I mean, they’re socially-acceptable pajama pants for crying out loud. Case closed.
WEAR TO WORK
- This top would look killer with any basic black skirt or pair of pants in your closet. Can’t get enough of those striped cuffs!
- I shared this top earlier in the series when chatting about the vibrant pink trend. With its bright pink hue and bell sleeves, you get two trends for the price of one!
- This ivory blazer is a spring and summer workwear staple and I love the subtle bell sleeves.
- This striped top would be perfect in our out of the office! Obsessed!
- Feast your eyes on the lace detailing on this blouse!
BRB, OUT OF OFFICE
- This. Dress. Is. STUNNING.
- Love this top for summer, would be so easy to dress up or down!
- This top is in my shopping cart, and I’m obsessed with absolutely every last detail.
- Obsessed with the unique sleeves on this top!
- The bright blue hue of this dress has me in full swoon. So beautiful!
MY FAVORITE STATEMENT SLEEVE PIECES OF THE SEASON
10 thoughts on “TREND MEMO: STATEMENT SLEEVES”
super great,breathtaking outfit!…
Looking classy and feminine in this minimalistic and girl boss like outfit!
Love the sleeves, but especially love the color of the trousers! x
This shirt is gorgeous! I didn’t even notice the pearls until you pointed them out, but they add the perfect classic touch to this trendy blouse! The satin pants work so well with it too and I love how you kept the accessories very minimal so that the sleeves could shine!
This could be great for work, because you could hide them under a blazer to be office appropriate, and then take off the blazer for the evening and shahzam!!
Love this look!
Love that the white neutral color almost balances out the craziness happening on the sleeves!
Great look … lovely colors … yes I like it completely 😉
Well Mary… I hemmed and hawed and decided the pants were a MUST! Friday’s in my conservative office just got a little spicier!
Love your style! It looks elegant and fashionable!