CHECKED CROPPED JACKET: Sara Battaglia (similar affordable option HERE) | MIDI SKIRT: Sara Battaglia (similar HERE and HERE) | CAMISOLE TOP: Tibi | GOLD + PEARL BELT: Magda Butrym (similar HERE) | RED SHOULDER BAG: Nico Giani | SHOES: Zara (similar HERE, HERE and HERE)
Moving right along to day four of the Fall/Winter Trend Memo, it’s time to talk prints, and the star of the season is all. things. CHECKED. Today I’m covering how to wear the trend from desk to drinks and where to find the best checked pieces of the season, but before we get to it, have you hit up the crazy Shopbop sale yet? It ends tomorrow and things are selling out left and right, so if you wanna score basically everything you need all fall and winter while it’s on sale, run, don’t walk. Just don’t forget to use code EOTS17 for the discount! Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming…
Whether it’s a glen plaid, a prince of wales check, or a 70s-style tartan, these classic menswear prints are having their day in the sun once again, and if you ask me, it’s about dang time. My 80s-inspired look today was one of my favorites of fashion week, and let me tell you, cropped blazers like this Sara Battaglia number are not only back with a vengeance, but when paired with anything high-waisted, the boxy line of the cropped jacket makes your waistline look teeny tiny. Take THAT giant lunchtime burrito.
But whether you go for a cropped glen plaid blazer, a classic tartan blazer, a houndstooth bootie, or even a windowpane coat, there’s a little something checkered out there for everyone. Check out (
no pun intended) my favorites for the season below!
WEAR TO WORK
- You can never go wrong with a checked blazer for work. This stunner from Mango is one of my favorites, and the price tag isn’t bad either! Asos also has a ton of affordable options, i.e. this checked blazer (don’t forget the coordinating pants!). PS: I’m also dying over this this gem, which is perfect for a more conservative office.
- This classic double-breasted coat is absolutely perfect for the impending cooler temps and every time I look at this similar double-breasted beauty, I fall deeper in love (plus it’s under $150!).
- Put a feminine spin on the trend with this pencil skirt or this tweed wrap skirt.
- If you work in a slightly more creative environment, check out this layered ruffle sleeve blazer. I’m DROOLING.
- I love these classic pants but also have a look at this trouser and try not to fall in love with that buckle detail and chic cut.
BRB, OUT OF OFFICE
- This checked shirt dress is great for days when you’re running late to brunch after a slightly-later-than-planned night out, while this Lovers + Friends dress is the perfect option for said night out. (This has never happened to me but, like, I can imagine.)
- These cuffed trousers are insanely cool, and there’s a matching cardigan!
- This incredibly soft ruffled top is just the sort of thing I live in all season long, apple-picking excursion or not. I also love this oversized plaid boyfriend shirt as well.
- All my pink lovers, look no further than this perfect blush jacket. Also, you don’t want to miss this pink DVF mini that’s on SALE!
- Last but not least, you can plan on seeing plaid mini skirts EVERYWHERE this season, and I just purchased this one.
MY FAVORITE CHECKED PIECES OF THE SEASON