MARIGOLD CUT-OUT TURTLENECK: c/o A.L.C. | VELVET TUXEDO PANTS: Veronica Beard (sold out in gold, but virtually identical dupe HERE!) | PEEP-TOE MULES: old, similar HERE | MULTI JEWEL-TONED BAG: Tory Burch | SCULPTURAL EARRINGS: Amber Sceats
Taking the number 9 spot in our Trend Memo Series is the trend that’s probably already blowing up your Instagram feed—VELVET. Back with a vengeance from last year’s quick entrance on the scene, the velvets of this season are more elevated than ever before. We’re talking velvet suits, dresses, full-length dusters, block-heel pumps and even velvet hair ties (which I’m totally digging, BTW).
Before we dive in, one game-changing PSA: Today’s cut-out sweater and these perfect A.L.C. gold velvet trousers are from Neiman Marcus’s killer CUSP line. Chic week at Neiman is happening RIGHT NOW, so all CUSP items are 25% off through October 8th with code CHICWEEK. If you haven’t checked out the CUSP collection before, let me be the first to tell you that it is to die for, so hop to!
This cut-out turtleneck by A.L.C. is easily one of my favorite purchases of the season, and while I love me a chic monochromatic look, just wait ’til you try this sucker on with blue jeans. With a bold cherry red lip, the color combo is dynamite. Marigold yellows are an ENORMOUS color trend this season—part of the emphasis on all things jewel-toned—and when it comes to the color of the season, they are definitely in the running for the number one spot… err… the gold, if you will.
You’d be hard-pressed not to notice that the top trends this season inter-mix like conjoined twins. Today’s opulent Veronica Beard velvet tuxedo pants are a beautiful melange of today’s featured velvet trend with two other standouts of this series: yesterday’s jewel tones and the luxe leisure trend from Day 2. With sporty rock-out vibes and pajama feels, these luscious beauties are as comfortable as they are beautiful. Everybody and their sister must agree, because unfortunately the marigold is sold out EVERYWHERE (you can still snag them in black), but these gold A.L.C. trousers are the perfect dupe.
Continuing on the jewel tones vibe, cue this to. die. for. Tory Burch chain-link bag (also here in a beautiful black and blue combo). I warned you yesterday that you’d be seeing a lot of this sucker, and I wasn’t kidding. Also on the accessory front, sculptural earrings are trending big time, and it doesn’t get any better than these stunning Amber Sceats beauties. I’m also eyeing up these babies which are on sale!
As mentioned, it’s a great time to round out your fall wardrobe and score some trendy fall pieces on major sale during Neiman Marcus’s crazy Cusp sale that ends on Sunday! I’ve got this velvet stunner in my shopping cart right now. If there’s a more beautiful blazer on the market, I dare you to find it. When shopping the Cusp sale, don’t forget to use code CHICWEEK for the 25% off!!
WEAR TO WORK
- This elegant sheath dress is the perfect way to incorporate velvet into your work wardrobe. It would look perfect with a classic black blazer on top, or even better, layer a classic white long-sleeve button down underneath and leather waist belt.
- I’m in LOVE with these wide-leg trousers. The classic cut and expert tailoring make these pants a great investment piece that you’ll wear over and over again. If you’re looking for a more affordable alternative, check out these under $100 straight-leg pants!
- If you’re looking to add a subtle touch of velvet, don’t miss this gorgeous barrette!
- If you’re as down with jewel tones as I am, don’t miss this tailored velvet blazer…
- If you’re into velvet footwear, check out these stunning bow slides in navy and black…
- This long-sleeve turtleneck is perfect for pairing with a classic blazer and trousers for a killer wear-everyday ensemble.
- This gorg satin-trimmed midi skirt can take you from the office to a special night out in no time flat.
BRB, OUT OF OFFICE
- How perfect are these velvet sneakers?!
- You guys know how much I love a good sailor pant, so sailor detailing + velvet? Count me IN.
- If you’re in the market for a new cocktail dress, check out this off-shoulder beauty or this stunner!
- Checking off your staple wardrobe needs this fall? These tailored black velvet pants have you covered.
- This black velvet choker is the perfect little something to add drama to a classic v-neckline.
- You can plan on seeing me in this velvet bodysuit very soon. Drooling!
MY FAVORITE VELVET PICKS OF THE SEASON
Thanks to Neiman Marcus for partnering on this post!