CABLE-KNIT SWEATER: MM6 Maison Margiela (under $100 dupe HERE) | SATIN MIDI SKIRT: Theory (affordable alternative HERE) | FAUX FUR COAT: Anthropologie (affordable alternative HERE) | MULTI JEWEL-TONED BAG: Tory Burch | VINTAGE EARRINGS: Chanel | SOCK BOOTS: Stuart Weitzman
Day 8 of the Fall/Winter Trend Memo Series is dedicated to (arguably) my all-time favorite color spectrum—jewel tones. I’m not just on board with this Fall trend, I’m driving this damn train. What’s not to love about hues that conjure the likes of emeralds, sapphires, rubies, and gold (a.k.a. subliminal gift messaging to your significant other), amiright? This season’s majestic shades have popped up everywhere, in every way so today I’m breaking down these semi-precious tones from outerwear to accessories and everything in between.
There’s no wrong way to rock the jewel tone trend, but as evidenced today, I decided to bathe in one of the biggest jewel tones of the season—emerald green. To up the ante when working with a monochromatic look, mix textures like satin, fur and chunky knits to add interest. This satin Theory skirt feels just as dreamy as it looks… and check out the ruching, which hides the curly fries you ordered at lunch and makes for an uber-flattering silhouette. Piggybacking off of yesterday’s trend (holla back Aprés Ski), this MM6 cable-knit turtleneck (great affordable dupe here!) is a favorite that I already know I’ll be sporting all winter long. Glam it up like I’ve done today or dress it down á la aprés-ski style with a pair of stirrup pants or a favorite pair of jeans.
This delicious green faux fur coat from Anthropologie definitely amps up the look even more, and is another piece that looks just as fab dressed down. We know fur has been trending for, well basically ever, but as it continues its ascent this season, be on the lookout for colorful fluff. From full-length faux fur coats to fur-trimmed anything, rich, vibrant shades reign supreme.
If you aren’t ready to “rock” head-to-toe jewel tones, you can subtly royal out with accessories like these shoes (which I have in back and white!) or this beautiful bag. I’m OBSESSING over these fur-trimmed loafers which would elevate an otherwise-classic look with ease.
Crowning today’s jewel tone fest is the dreamiest Tory Burch bag I’ve seen in a long time. I audibly gasped when I spotted it. You can plan on seeing this beauty make a lot of appearances around here…
And last but certainly not least, I give you these magnificent Stuart Weitzman sock boots (love the other color options too!). Of course, no one makes a quality boot quite like Stuart Weitzman, but if you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, check out these beauties. However you swing it, just make sure some version makes its way into your closet because the sock boot is unquestionably the biggest fall shoe trend this season.
WEAR TO WORK
- It is impossible to overstate the love I have for THIS DRESS and the level of stress that is consuming me in deciding which color to buy. Please send help.
- This ruby red suiting would be killer at the office.
- Marigold yellow is one of the hottest colors of the season and this Tibi sweater would be perfect in or out of the office. I’m a straight-up heart eyes emoji over that coordinating set.
- This beautiful matte satin long-sleeve wrap dress would be perfect for any workplace (I’m forever a sucker for that red!).
- This stunning blouse would be amazing over a tapered ankle-length trouser for the office, and easily dressed up for a night out as well. Love the wrist detail!
- Last but not least, check out this elegant ponte knit skirt!
BRB, OUT OF OFFICE
- I purchased a red leather moto jacket last season and it ended up being one of the most heavily-worn items in my closet. I absolutely love this one. How perfect is that ruffle detailing?!
- If this super fun pleated skirt doesn’t make you happy, then I don’t know what will. It comes in three beautiful shades and I’m trying to rationalize buying them all…
- How perfect is this drop shoulder jacket?! It’s also under $200…
- I’m weirdly into this sequined tie midi skirt. Is anybody with me?!
- If you’ve been waiting all summer for sweater season, check out this cozy knit (that’s under $100!) and this plum wrap number (that’s under $50!).
- These adorable faux-fur heels can amp up even the most basic look. Also check out these bad boys!
- For a formal affair, check out this beautiful gown. Throw on a fur stole and you’ve got yourself the perfect ensemble for a fall or winter wedding!