EMBROIDERED DRESS: Anthropologie | LEATHER WAIST BELT: Gucci | ANKLE STRAP PUMPS: Sam Edelman | MINI SHOULDER BAG: M2Malletier | CAT EYE SUNGLASSES: BP. (sold out, similar HERE and HERE) | PEARL DROP EARRINGS: Marc Jacobs (old, similar HERE)
For Day 6 of the Fall/Winter Trend Memo, we’re talking all things floral. Amidst power statements, subdued checks and nostalgic cords, we can all agree there’s room for a little romance, so pour a glass of vino (or add a little Bailey’s to your coffee?), crank up the Marvin Gaye and let’s get this floral party on. Today we’re breaking down how this season is changing the floral game, how to take the print from work to play, and where to score my very favorite floral finds.
First things first: forget about light pastels and summertime vibes, ’cause this season’s florals are rich and moody. How dreamy is this embroidered frock from Anthropologie? I’m in full swoon thanks to the sheer neckline, cap sleeves and fit-and-flare midi silhouette, and the black backdrop means that adding in black tights as temperatures drop will be a cinch. I can even see a festive pump and earring taking this beauty right through the holiday party circuit.
Contrary to popular belief, you do NOT have to identify as a “girly girl” to rock this trend. Take it from someone who is generally not a floral person, this season’s florals are different. If you’re worried about the trend turning too saccharine, pair a romantic floral with a black leather moto jacket and boots for a chic cool-girl look. If you’re looking for minimal effort, just add an embroidered belt or a silk scarf to any basic outfit and call it a day.
WEAR TO WORK
- How cool is this navy blazer and the coordinating trousers?
- This patterned silk dress is a beauty fall and winter, but is definitely a year-round staple piece.
- These elegant side stripe trousers are SO COOL. Business in the front, party on the… side?
- This floral blazer is one of my favorite finds. Add in a monochromatic ivory ensemble underneath and you’ve got yourself a killer office look.
- If your office airs on the conservative side, this jacquard shift dress is STUNNING.
BRB, OUT OF OFFICE
- Embroidered floral is #FIRE, and I just received this sweater in the mail after purchasing last week. HOW GOOD IS IT??
- How gorg are these embroidered jeans?! If trousers are more your style, it doesn’t get better than this pair!
- Floral dresses no doubt reign supreme, and I can’t decide between this cold-shoulder beauty and this lace-trimmed maxi (this color palette is what autumnal dreams are made of…)
- Velvet is HUGE this season, and this velvet car coat is the perfect luxe layer for the finicky temperatures of fall. (Added bonus for the whole 2
birdstrends, 1 stone thing…)
- Loving everything about this super affordable midi dress (under $50!).
- Pair this adorable mini skirt with tights, boots, and a chunky knit and you’ve got the perfect fall weekend look.