Day two of the Fall/Winter Trend Memo is all about the elevated, luxurious leisurewear that’s been dominating the fashion scene. Athletic-inspired designs have been hitting runways like crazy for the past few years, and this season, designers were doubling down on the trend.
This season’s twist on the ongoing athletic-inspired trend is the added element of luxury—think more formal fabrics and luxe details—making athleisure revamped, re-imagined, and even better than ever. And I mean, a trend that lets me wear stunners like these on the daily? Not mad about it. I’m also not mad about the fact that this trend allows me to go from a Netflix binge sesh to streetstyle chic simply by sliding on a pair of pumps.
WEAR TO WORK
- Who said side striped pants can’t make a cameo at the office?! The entire Banana Republic x Olivia Palermo collection is FIRE, but this lace-up side-stripe pant and this tuxedo stripe trouser are two of my favorites.
- As you’ve seen me style many times, jogger-style dress pants look great with classic pumps for a day at the office (plus these are under $100!)
- Thanks to this season’s luxurious twist on athleisure, elevated bombers now fall under office-appropos. This velvet number from J. Crew would be killer with a satin cami and trousers.
- Athletic-inspiration isn’t only showing up in literal ways (track pants, side stripe trousers, etc.) but also as a more abstract interpretation, such as the line of a jacket or the stripe of a sweater.
BRB, OUT OF OFFICE
- I’m currently obsessing over this varsity-inspired appliquéd cardigan, and this DVF color block sweater is also getting a shout out ’cause it’s AWESOME.
- This striped cashmere sweater is just the kind of thing you’ll be living in ALL season. It also comes in a gorgeous burgundy shade, just in case option #1 wasn’t tempting enough.
- I’m in the market for a new bomber, and am drooling over this classic black varsity jacket (under $150 btw!).
- If pajama dressing is your preferred style of leisure, check out this Madewell silk-satin blouse and this classic black silk option from Frame. To live colorfully or to continue your #allblackeverything obsession… that is the question.