creative office style May 19, 2017

My Go-To Destination for Affordable Workwear

PANTS: c/o Express  |  SHIRT: c/o Express  |  SUNGLASSES: c/o Express  |  BAG: M2Malletier  |  SHOES: old, similar HERE

Earlier this week I had the pleasure of hosting a webinar with Career Contessa on my top career tips for women just starting their careers.  One of the questions I get asked most frequently in these discussions, especially by recent graduates just entering the workforce, is where to find affordable workwear.  Invariably, I point them to Express.

When Express asked me to partner on their Spring campaign, I jumped at the opportunity. Their “Your Life, Your Dress Code” motto rings so true to me and my experience with the brand, whose clothing and accessories really, truly mirror the modern working girl’s lifestyle, which is what this blog is all about.  They have great pieces for going out, for working out, for weekend jaunts and for grinding it out 9-to-5.  So many brands sit squarely into one or two of those categories, but few seem to really span the full breadth of who we are and what our lives encompass in and out of the office.  It’s why I started shopping at Express in high school, why I continued into college and the early days of my career, and why I still shop at Express to this day.  They just get it.  And, it doesn’t hurt that their price points still allow you to make rent.

After purchasing the pants that I’m wearing today in black, I promptly logged back on and ordered them in khaki as well.  They’re the perfect lightweight, comfortable summer pant, in a breathable fabric that’s a fantastic alternative to classic wool suiting pants.  I don’t know how they manage to get the fit and cut quite this perfect at a $40 price point, but I’ll take it (in every possible color I can get my hands on).

Speaking of beautiful things that I need in every color, this blouse also comes in a gorgeous peach hue.  I might actually have to do an entirely separate post on all of the amazing peach pink things I just bought from Express.  In addition to the beauties I’m wearing today, I snagged these joggers, this hoodie, these amazing satin slides and this waterbottle (which eloquently encapsulates who I am as a person).

Thanks to Express for partnering on this post!

17 Responses to My Go-To Destination for Affordable Workwear

Classy, minimalistic perfection! I’m loving your blouse!

2. Lauren says:

Express has always been such a go-to for work clothing. It doesn’t break the bank and their pants fit so well!

obsessedandoverdressed.com

3. Emaliabiance says:

Great combination of black & white!!

4. Soraya says:

Que monada de camisa, linda y llena de detalles.

Te dejo mi último post de deco, room tour

5. Aure says:

hello,ciao …this black & white outfit is great on you…cheers!

6. Ashley says:

This is a beautiful blouse! Does it fit true to size?

7. Jenni says:

I’m all for affordability, and that blouse is pretty but *totally* unrealistic for workwear, at least in my field. Nothing see-through is appropriate for an office, again, at least in my field! And the answer isn’t “wear a jacket over it.” I love your website, but this is a miss.

8. sunny says:

So cute and so sexy…. Looking so gorgeous in this wardrobe and your Black and White combination is too good.

9. Katie C. says:

Love this sharp, feminine, summery look! Perhaps for a more conservative environment you could wear a white cami or thin-strap tank underneath (then you also wouldn’t need to wear a strapless bra all day!).

10. Julia says:

Wow I am glad you talked about Express! I started my career with dress pants from Express as well! I remember my favorites were their Editor and Columnist pants… Love the variety of styles they offer to satisfy different kind of body shapes!

Julia || Closet de Jules || Recent Post – The Only Spring Maxi Dress You Need

11. This top is amazing! I love all of the intricate details. It’s perfect for summer! Express is one of my favorite stores to shop for workwear as well!