KHAKI PANTS: Sea | TOP: 1.State | SHOES: Rag & Bone (25% off right now!) | BAG: Gucci | BELT: similar HERE and HERE | SUNGLASSES: Stella McCartney (similar HERE) | EARRINGS: Argento Vivo | NECKLACE: Baublebar
In a sea of bright colors and bold prints this spring, there’s one classic, calming influence that’s back and bigger than ever: all things khaki! In today’s Trend Memo #7, we’re talking everything from khaki trousers to khaki trench coats—hey, even your Dad’s LL Bean fishing hat is on trend this spring! (Did I just ruin this trend for you by saying that? I might’ve just ruined it for myself…) Read on for all of the details on how to sport the khaki trend at work and play, and be sure to check out my favorite khaki picks of the season at the bottom of this post!
After all things military-inspired, the natural next step for many designers on spring and summer runways was to pile on the khaki. Think less brass buttons and clean lines a la Alexander Hamilton in Hamilton (ever heard of it? It’s this brand new show in NYC…) and more relaxed camels, beiges and olives a la Lt. Joe Cable in South Pacific. You with me? Now don’t get me wrong, that military trend is still going strong (Lord knows I love me a brass button or ten) but the khaki trend is separate and apart and one of the freshest spring trends on the books.
WEAR TO WORK
- There’s no better spring and summer topper than a classic trench coat. I’ve been wearing this one a ton lately and can’t say enough good things about it!
- I love this dress. Perfect for work and so many other occasions too.
- This beautiful olive green sheath is not just a great investment for spring and summer, but will be a timeless, year-round staple in your work wardrobe.
- Opt for a riff on the trench with this great trench dress. Wear it as-is or layer a white longsleeve underneath.
- There’s something about these classic chinos that just feel so refreshing for spring, and perfect for casual workplaces or casual Friday!
BRB, OUT OF OFFICE
- Cutest mini skirt ever? I think yes.
- I love these khaki-colored sneakers. Perfect neutral shoe for the season!
- You can never have too many of these classic tote bags, and I’m OBSESSED with the olive khaki hue.
- Love every last detail of this jumpsuit. Cute AND comfy? Sign me up!
- Last summer I basically lived in slip dresses like this one. There’s just nothing more comfortable.