JACKET: BLANKNYC (also love the black version and denim version!) | DRESS: Halston Heritage (also HERE) | EARRINGS: similar HERE | BAG: Dolce & Gabbana | SHOES: Dune London (similar HERE, HERE and HERE all on sale!)
For the tenth and final Trend Memo today, I saved one of my very favorite spring trends for last—embroidery! This stitch frenzy was seen all over spring runways and has made its way into every possible corner of your wardrobe. We’re talking embroidered sneakers, embroidered jeans, embroidered dresses, embroidered shirts, embroidered sweatshirts and (you guessed it!) even embroidered jackets. My friends, if you can dream it, you can stitch it. (Deep. Remind me to get that tattooed somewhere.)
The beauty of this floral embroidered leather jacket lies in the tension created when pairing the delicate floral embroidery in a dreamy pastel palette with the traditionally tough construct of a leather moto. Even the silver studs feel soft, refined, even pretty somehow. Not only does the juxtaposition add interest, but it also makes the jacket super versatile—easily dressed up with a slip dress and heeled sandals, or dressed down with boyfriend jeans and your favorite sneaks. Incidentally, they also made the jacket in a black leather and a gorgeous denim version.
WEAR TO WORK
- I just ordered this embroidered pencil skirt. Does that beauty scream springtime or what?!
- I’m losing it over this gorgeous embroidered sheath dress. Perfect length and silhouette for a professional setting or any special occasion.
- I love all of the classic button-down shirts with fun embroidery details like this one, this one or this one.
- Start at the bottom and incorporate the embroidery trend into your work wardrobe with a cool pair of embroidered pumps like this pair or this pair.
- This embroidered midi skirt would be perfect with a crisp white button-down shirt at the office or an easy tank on the weekend.
BRB, OUT OF OFFICE
- This dress is included in the crazy Shopbop sale that ends today and is the prettiest frock for spring and summer.
- There are few toppers in my arsenal that are more heavily used than my army green utility-style jackets and the touches of embroidery on this one are to. die. for.
- I simply MUST HAVE this embroidered mini skirt.
- You HAVE to check out these espadrilles. The TGIF version are especially apropos today, but just look at the flamingos, lips, and beach versions!
- Trying to choose between this pair of embroidered jeans, this one and this one. Decisions decisions…
Below I’ve curated a collection of my very favorite embroidered pieces of the season, and I have to say this might be my favorite group of the entire series. Take a look and let me know what you think! Happy Friday and Happy Easter weekend!! xx
MY FAVORITE EMBROIDERED PIECES OF THE SEASON