casual office style Feb 1, 2017

Robe Coat + Ripped Jeans

beige-marks-spencer-robe-coat-ripped-jeans-velvet-pumps-ysl-burgundy-dylan-bag-casual-work-wear-office-style2

First off, I’m thrilled to report that instagram officially brought my account back from the dead!  It was a long four days (which I’m pretty sure translates four millennia in social media years), but somehow they were able to restore the account so great news all around.  …because there’s nothing more important going on in the world than my hacked instagram account, right?  Don’t answer that.

We’ve had some crazy windy days in the last week here in NYC, hence the wind-tunnel look of these photos and the eventual “I give up let’s snap a picture in this weird hallway in the building” photo below.  I snagged this amazing neutral robe coat from Marks & Spencer, which you guys know is my new favorite spot.  The coat has the prettiest silhouette and has amazing tie details at the sleeves and waist.  It was the perfect topper for a chilly winter day over this super casual office look.

beige-marks-spencer-robe-coat-ripped-jeans-velvet-pumps-ysl-burgundy-dylan-bag-casual-work-wear-office-style4 beige-marks-spencer-robe-coat-ripped-jeans-velvet-pumps-ysl-burgundy-dylan-bag-casual-work-wear-office-style3 beige-marks-spencer-robe-coat-ripped-jeans-velvet-pumps-ysl-burgundy-dylan-bag-casual-work-wear-office-style1

COAT: Marks & Spencer  |  JEANS: J. Brand  |  SWEATER: Trouve (similar HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE)  |  HEELS: Sam Edelman (similar HERE and HERE)  |  BAG: YSL  |  SUNGLASSES: Marc Jacobs  |  CHOKER: Baublebar  |  LAYERED NECKLACES: Baublebar

17 Responses to Robe Coat + Ripped Jeans

Always looking flawless!! That’s a great coat!

2. Liked the coat and that ripped jeans looks amazing.

Deals on all Brands

3. Rachelle says:

Love this coat and this look is so chic.

xo
    Pinksole

4. Rach says:

That coat is amazing! I love its robe style!

5. I’ve decided that the wind is more of a fashion blogger’s enemy than snow and cold, LOL!!
    But the struggle is real and the coat looks great!!
    jodie

6. Nancy Harlan says:

Mary, love your site. Style question – is there an age where ripped jeans just don’t work anymore? I love the look, but I am 54, and I’m thinking I need to stick with the boyfriends and skinnys, but not ripped…thoughts?

Honestly, I’ve seen them pulled off to perfection at all ages! But, if you don’t feel comfortable in them, stick with the trusty boyfriends and skinnys. If you’re doubting and not feeling great in them, then it’s best to ditch the trend and stick with what you feel best in. Also, if you’re not comfortable with the ripped look that has big holes of skin showing, you could possibly try a lightly distressed version that gives the same vibe, but makes you feel less exposed. Just an idea!

7. Areli says:

The YSL bag and heels are so perfect!
    xx,
    Areli // Areli’s April blog
    Areli’s April on Bloglovin

8. Caitlin says:

Such a beautiful coat! I love the color of your heels!
    xo, Caitlin

9. simurg says:

You also need a scarf. Will Be great

10. Perfect look! I love the pumps and bag!

11. AJ says:

Ok, that robe coat looks way better styled by you than by M&S. If I had not seen your blog, I would’t even give that coat a second thought!