conservative office style Aug 15, 2016

Introducing TROVE!!!

fashion blogger mary orton red dress

Today, at long last, I am SO thrilled to introduce you to my company, TROVE!  After over a year and a half of building the platform, today is our official public launch, and I can’t WAIT for all of you to check out the app!

Trove is a new mobile style destination, and after almost two years in the making, it is impossible to articulate how excited I am to finally be able to share it with all of you!

Just a few months after starting this blog, I began thinking about the challenges that we all face when searching for style inspiration, especially as the world grows increasingly mobile. We’re all constantly looking for fresh sartorial ideas, but navigating countless websites, social platforms and retailers can be exhausting.

Two years ago, my husband Rich and I conceived of a mobile style destination that could be that single, centralized hub for all things fashion. A place where users could find style inspiration from the world’s top style influencers, brought together in one beautiful, shoppable experience.

Thanks to the amazing team that has worked tirelessly beside us, I’m so proud to finally be able to put Trove in the palm of your hand.

Trove Style App

If you’re reading this on a mobile device, you can now find this very blog post (click here!), and all of my outfit posts, right on Trove.  You’ll not only be able to see my latest style content, but with a simple swipe, you can glide between the posts of other amazing blogs like Atlantic-Pacific, Something Navy, 9to5Chic and countless others. Trove offers a dynamic mobile experience where you can explore top-notch style content, save your favorite looks, and even purchase your favorite products all within a single app.

I wish I could thank each and every one of you personally for all of your kind words, support and encouragement not just today, but everyday for the past three years that I’ve occupied this little corner of the internet.  In every way, Trove was built as a solution for you from what I’ve learned about the way you like to find style inspiration and shop.  Rest-assured, this app doesn’t change anything here on memorandum.com—this blog isn’t going anywhere!  But now when you’re on the go or just looking for more inspiration and a broader style experience, I hope you’ll find Trove both useful and lots of fun!

Without further ado, go ahead and get your Trove on!  If you’re on an iPhone, you can click here to download the app.  Can’t WAIT to hear what you guys think!!

trove style app launch mary orton memorandummary orton launches trove style app ceo of trove style app mary orton fashion blogger red sleeveless dress for the officetrove style app launch mary orton memorandum fashion style blog

DRESS: Topshop  |  SHOES: SJP Collection  |  BAG: M2Malletier  |  SUNGLASSES: Smoke X Mirrors  |  BRACELET: old, similar HERE  |  NECKLACE: Gorjana  |  EARRINGS: old, similar HERE  |  LIPS: Nars (Bansar)

There will be a walk-through of the app, a Q&A, and other shenanigans on my instagram and snapchat later today, so be sure to stay in touch there!  Happy Monday everyone!! xx

60 Responses to Introducing TROVE!!!

1. labe says:

Your are my inspiration

2. Allison says:

Holy shit I just downloaded and this is the coolest app I’ve ever seen. YOU ROCK!

3. Kate M. says:

Just downloaded! Looks incredible! Congratulations!!!

4. Amanda J. says:

I’ve been playing around with the app for only 10 minutes and am already OBSESSED! Congrats Mary!

5. Ah congratulations!! And this dress looks incredible on you! The fitting and styling <3 Keeping this short, to go check out Trove 🙂 xx

6. Elana says:

Mary, you’ve outdone yourself!! This is going to be BIG! I’ve already used Trove to locate where to buy the ripped knee black skinny jeans my college-aged daughter was raving about. Can’t wait to share this App with her! Well done!

7. Dorothy says:

HUGE congratulations! I’ve just downloaded it and love it already.

Also fallen in love with that dress. I’ve just bought it for the office!

http://www.shegoeswear.com – Workwear & Lifestyle blog

8. fashionarisa says:

To everyone who has downloaded the app: I reckon we should all do a review on the app store for Mary to help her after all this work she has put in for us!

9. Kara says:

What a great concept! Can’t wait to check it out!!

Kara

10. Michelle Samuels says:

Great idea, but are you planning on making it available on Android/Google Play Store? I’d love to try it out but alas, I own a Galaxy S, not an iPhone.

Love this dress and the price is so reasonable. Expecting great things from your new venture. Best wishes.

12. Congratulations on the launch, Mary! Trove sounds like an amazing app. I can’t wait to check it out!

13. Sarah says:

The closest face on pic of you, Mary, is fierce. Thanks for keeping all us business gals from Wisco inspired and congrats on the launch!

14. Gina says:

Hi!

Congrats! What does Trove mean or stand for?

15. Grace says:

Mary — this app is fantastic! I cannot wait to spend more time checking it out during lunch (hello, workday), but I wanted to quickly pop by and say congratulations and celebrate all the work you’ve put into Trove! #InternetHighFiveFromAStranger

Oh wow, this looks amazing!!! I need to download this app! Thank you for creating and sharing and CONGRATULATIONS!!

17. Donna Raymond says:

Downloaded the app and I’m very impressed! I have found some great pieces already along with new bloggers for more inspiration. Nicely done Mary, Rich and team!

18. Morgan says:

Congratulations! I can’t wait to learn more!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

19. Lauren C. says:

Congrats! I just downloaded the app and LOVE it so far. Have been following your blog for a while now and so thrilled for you. Thanks for being a great role model as a smart, successful, stylish woman!

20. McKenzie says:

Just downloaded the app and it looks amazing! Congratulations!!!

21. Leah Jackson says:

Congratulations! It’s always awesome to see women succeeding in tech and starting new things!

22. Kim Palios says:

Mary, way to go!!! I’ve been enjoying your posts/pics since The Classy Cubicle and I share it with my highschool students. I wish you all the best in this current endeavour. Kim

23. Candace says:

Love! Congrats!!!!’

Will you be increasing your bloggers that we can follow! Would love more inspiration for conservative office wear! Can we include Corporate catwalk as well?

24. Shelley Behm says:

Memorandum is my favorite blog and I’m sure that Trove will be a great success…….however……please, please, please make it available for the Android platform! I may be in the minority that doesn’t have an iPhone but we still like to be fashionable, too.

25. Shelley Behm says:

Thanks so much, Mary, for taking time out of your busy day to answer my question. I will be eagerly awaiting the Android app! You have such an elegant, sophisticated and classy sense of style and your posts are one of the first things I look for every morning. Blessings on your new venture.

26. Mary says:

I can’t wait to download but of course my iPhone 4s (I know what loser who still has the 4s…long story!) doesn’t have enough storage space for the iOS upgrades needed. So, looks like I’m getting a new iPhone. But, in the interim, I’m going to download on my husband’s phone so he has quick access to my closet 🙂 and use on my iPad.

27. Candace Davies says:

I have been following Memorandum & your instagram for a while now and just LOVE your style. Of course I quickly downloaded the app when I heard! I love the concept and already know I will be using it due to its ease of use, quick access to clothing information, and ordering. Congratulations!

28. June says:

Did we break it already? I just downloaded the app on my iPad and it didn’t do anything past the picture of the red/coral dress. Can’t wait to see and experience all the goodness there. Good job Mary!

Hi June, I’m sorry, we’re working on making it iPad compatible soon, but for now the app is only built for iPhones. Sorry for all your trouble! Will let you know once the iPad version is up and running!

29. Mirte says:

Well this is the app I’ve been looking for for ages. I love it! It’s so convenient, so much fashion and style in one place. I think it will only get more wonderful as more bloggers join. Especially people with different styles and figures and nationalities. Great job! ☺️

30. Lana (Russia) says:

Dear Mary, glad to see your own project TROVE!
    Would you like to make an app for Windows Mobile platform? I use it and hope to see your app for these platform &devices.
    Wish you all the best!

31. Cindi Brankin says:

I love Trove! I used to rely on a personal shopper to help me find new looks. Now I can just use Trove…..

32. June says:

Any ideas why the app won’t work on my iPad? I’ve deleted and reloaded three times. Can’t wait to get started!

Hi June, I’m sorry, Trove is an app just for iPhones right now. However, we’re working on making it iPad compatible soon, so stay tuned. Sorry for the trouble!

33. Monika says:

That dress is so fab and flattering on you!
    Love,

34. Maegan says:

When will Trove be available for Android?

35. Congratulations Mary!! Can’t wait to check the app (I saw something on your Snapchat and it looked really cool)!! You look stunning and like a real powerwoman!! Well done!! Xx Susanne – http://bagatyou.com

P.s. I am also very happy that you continue this blog, as I love your style!!

36. Sarah says:

Congratulation! Am I the only one that didn’t know this was in the works? I downloaded the app just now-excited to check it out but the picture freezes of you in the raspberry dress with black belt when I open the app on my iPad. Tried closing out and back in a few times to no effect. That’ll fix itself I’m sure. Love your style-if the app is anything like what we’ve seen from you so far it will be amazing.

Hi Sarah, I’m sorry for the hassle! Unfortunately right now, the app is only built for iPhone, but we’re working hard on making it iPad compatible soon. Stay tuned!!

37. Michela says:

Can’t wait for the Android version, looks like an amazing app! Also, so proud of this accomplishment, congrats on all your hard work!!

38. Georgie says:

fantastic app! Amazing interface, easy to use, and most importantly amazing inspiration and pictures! Love from the UK

39. Tracy says:

Looooove the site and the app!! Congratulations 🙂 Question for you, I also live in SF and would greatly appreciate any recommendations on a tailor you love? Thanks for your help, Mary!

40. Kristin says:

Seriously great idea! How do bloggers join this?

Kristin

41. Maggie says:

Wow what a cool idea! I can’t wait to check it out 🙂

42. sindy says:

Congratulations on finally making this dream a reality. I know it will be a success just like Memorandum.
    All the best from your South African fan

43. Michaela says:

I’m obsessed. Just like the Forbes article said, I don’t know how this didn’t already exist because it’s so intuitive. You HAVE to get the word out about this!I have already found so much inspiration and check it every day.

44. Pingback: Weekend Reading. - The Stripe

45. Jen Beckstead says:

What a fantastic app!! I’m addicted! Congratulations!

46. Pingback: Current Vibes - A PIECE of TOAST // Texas Lifestyle + Fashion Blog

47. Anne says:

Is this app available for android???