creative office style May 11, 2016

How To Wear Track Pants To The Office

work-office-style-fashion-business-dress-track-pants-favorite-t-shirt-tee-heels-statement-necklace-leather-jacket-san-francisco-blogger-mary-orton3

If your place of employment has creative and/or casual vibes, you gotta get yoself some of these comfy track pants.  Because you can.  And also because they look awesome.

work-office-style-fashion-business-dress-track-pants-favorite-t-shirt-tee-heels-statement-necklace-leather-jacket-san-francisco-blogger-mary-orton8work-office-style-fashion-business-dress-track-pants-favorite-t-shirt-tee-heels-statement-necklace-leather-jacket-san-francisco-blogger-mary-orton6work-office-style-fashion-business-dress-track-pants-favorite-t-shirt-tee-heels-statement-necklace-leather-jacket-san-francisco-blogger-mary-orton1

All I’m saying is that whoever invented the athleisure trend and started making socially acceptable, work-appropriate gym clothes deserves a Nobel prize.  As a fashion-conscious female, with a proper reverence for burrito-friendly elastic waistbands, I feel it’s my duty to support the cause.

work-office-style-fashion-business-dress-track-pants-favorite-t-shirt-tee-heels-statement-necklace-leather-jacket-san-francisco-blogger-mary-orton7 work-office-style-fashion-business-dress-track-pants-favorite-t-shirt-tee-heels-statement-necklace-leather-jacket-san-francisco-blogger-mary-orton5

Also, even though the look confuses the hell out of my husband, I’m obsessed with the combination of traditionally casual and dressy elements—the secret to making “sportswear” pieces work outside of the gym.  It’s all about elevated accessories—my classic black pumps, statement necklace, and leather jacket—that make your overall appearance seem less fieldhouse and more front office.

work-office-style-fashion-business-dress-track-pants-favorite-t-shirt-tee-heels-statement-necklace-leather-jacket-san-francisco-blogger-mary-orton2work-office-style-fashion-business-dress-track-pants-favorite-t-shirt-tee-heels-statement-necklace-leather-jacket-san-francisco-blogger-mary-orton4PANTS: Topshop (similar HERE and HERE)  |  SHIRT: c/o Everlane  |  JACKET: old, similar HERE and HERE  |  NECKLACE: BaubleBar (similar HERE and HERE)  |  HEELS: Saint Laurent (similar HERE)  |  BAG: c/o Moyi Moyi (very similar HERE)  |  SUNGLASSES: Ray-Ban  |  LIPS: Neutrogena

15 Responses to How To Wear Track Pants To The Office

Classy and such an amazing outfit! Looking fabulous!

Had to laugh about your husband’s reaction to wearing track pants with heels….my husband often looks at what women are wearing with the reaction “what the heck is THAT?” But sometimes comfort has to win over fashion but these look like the fit both categories.

Happy hump day.

3. I’m loving the athleisure trend, and you are rocking this look! The statement necklace and the leather jacket make this outfit totally work appropriate.

4. Lauren L. says:

this is basically what i’m wearing today! great minds think alike.

5. Diana says:

So chic! Love how track pants can be so dressed up.
    || D I A N A ||

6. Monika says:

I love the addition of leather to this look!
    Love,

7. Thuy says:

That comment about your husband’s confusion though lmao

8. Marie says:

Just found your blog! This is a lovely and original outfit! I do have a question though as I understand you worked (or work?) in the corporate world, I was wondering what is your view on companies with sexist dress codes such as requiring women to wear heels to work. This is related both to my own personal experience (currently a student and working in a client facing job for a luxury brand that requires to wear a uniform that includes high heels in a job where we have to stand for 9 hours..) and an article I’ve just read about a similar situation in the UK – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36265545

I’ve actually never heard of this before, and have certainly never encountered it in any office I’ve worked in. Seems like torture especially if you’re on your feet for that long!

9. Utterly fabulous! You are killing it in these track pants, per usual! I always look forward to your Instas and posts! This really is the perfect way to rock this pant in a professional environment!

hugs, Christina

Christina l Fashion & Frills

10. Julia says:

I love comfort but still want to look professional so I may venture into this area. I haven’t tried these yet because on my over 40, apple-shaped body people may think I just forgot to finish getting dressed! They look fabulous on you but I suspect you can carry off any clothing item!

Julia

11. Margarita says:

Your outfit is really looking fabulous. Your leather jacket, statement necklace and classic black pumps making this outfit look stunning and after seen your outfit I am really getting excited to wear my track paint at my office to look awesome. Thanks to introduce fabulous track paints looks for wearing at office purpose.

Thanks

12. Pingback: Nositi trenirku na posao? Zašto ne!

13. Fiona says:

Seen this? Yoga pants material but made into an office ready dress pants. Even a more formal office can fit in just fine! The trend in women’s fashion is finally focusing on our life instead of the runway. Love it!