casual office style Mar 31, 2016

DRESS MEMO: SPRING / SUMMER 2016

Thank you for your patience while the Dress Memo loads!  Also, be sure to view the guide in FULL SCREEN mode by clicking directly on the page!!

Today, I’m thrilled to share with you the Spring / Summer 2016 Dress Memo!  As you know, for the past 30 days on instagram I have posted a new dress everyday for a specific warm-weather occasion.  The ultimate goal was to culminate this dress frenzy with a comprehensive guide to dressing for every spring and summer occasion, and I’m so excited to share that guide with you today!

As you may recall, I asked you to fill out a survey several months ago to tell me more about yourselves and what you’d like to see here on Memorandum.  One of the many things you told me was that your favorite clothing item (by far) was dresses!  In addition to this feedback, I started thinking about all of the emails that I get from readers.  Some of these emails are styling questions or general nice notes about the blog, but so many of them are specific questions about what to wear to various events.  Questions like, what do I wear to a barbecue at my boss’s house?  Or, I’m going to a black-tie wedding, do I have to wear a floor-length dress?

As you can see, the collision of this feedback and the many emails I receive from you led me to the concept for the 30 Dresses in 30 Days series.  More than just sharing a slew of pretty spring and summer dresses, I wanted each dress to showcase styling advice for these spring and summer occasions, and for the series to culminate with a resource guide that offers concrete tips on dressing for every warm-weather event you might face—something that you could come back to and reference all spring and summer long.  Today, I’m so thrilled to finally share that very resource with you, the Spring / Summer 2016 Dress Memo!

Thanks to all of you who have followed the series throughout this month and offered such sweet feedback.  I hope you enjoy the Dress Memo as much as I enjoyed creating it, and I hope it serves as a helpful resource throughout the next many months!

39 Responses to DRESS MEMO: SPRING / SUMMER 2016

1. Erika says:

Great job, wonderful photos, beautiful dresses, extremely helpful throughout the season (and years!) to come. So happy I found your site! Wishing you all the best.
    // Erika, Sweden

2. Cortney says:

This is INCREDIBLE! Omg must’ve been a ton of work but this is so so so helpful to me!!!! Absolutely beautiful magazine!

3. Amanda J. says:

THANK YOU for making this! I will definitely be using all summer! Been worried about what to wear to work barbecues and summer outings as well as a beach wedding coming up. Now I know!! <3

4. Elena says:

Lots of hard work and passion in this guide. Amazing work!
    Cheers, Elena x

5. Patricia says:

What a great idea Mary!! Is it possible to downloaded it?
    Best regards,
    Patricia

6. Winifred D says:

THIS IS SO AWESOME!! I have a wedding in Puerto Rico and I’ve been trying to figure out how to dress for it!!!!!

You’ve put in so much work on this project and the results are fabulous. What I missed on the Instagram posts was the expanded write-up you give on the blog features. This resource guide fills the bill on that score and the addition of the alternatives for each outfit totally expands the options. This guide along with your Christmas guide, wedding memos and the Décor memo featuring your hubby’s birthday dinner are my favorites of all your posts, have filled my pinterest page, and have been sources of inspiration for me to incorporate some things in my own lifestyle. Now if I can just remember how to download to save for posterity!

8. Mary, you really outdid yourself with this one! This guide is amazing, and it’s definitely something I will come back to as a reference. I love all of your looks here. Really great job putting this together!

9. Amy Maxwell says:

I just wanted to take the time to say you did an amazing job! The dresses, the looks, the links, everything is wonderful. This is one of the most well-done blogs I have ever seen and I thank you for that. Inspiring and informative 🙂

10. Marina says:

WOW! These dress memo is absolutely amazing! Your choices are impeccable. I am obsessed with white BCBG dress. Such a stunner. What a great taste you have. Thank you for sharing.

11. Meagan says:

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing such a great resource!
    -Meg

12. Monica says:

I join the comments to say that you did a great job! Altough i have been following you for a while and i like your style, i would never though that i will feel like comment. Well i was wrong! You got me, baby! 😉 also, honestly i though “30 dresses” would have been a too ripetitive topic but you get me wrong again. Your presentation is as varied as beautiful to be seen. So congratulation! Monica, Milano IT.

13. Laura Kohl says:

Love, love, LOVE everything on your blog. Great job with this!

Best,
    Laura

14. Ashley says:

Thank you for all the time and thought that went into this! Some fantastic advice and gorgeous examples to help us all plan for events to come. I love your site and your style is just impeccable. Thanks again! =)

15. Christina says:

Excellent Job. Love the direction the blog is going.

16. beatrice says:

great, great job mary!!! I too join the comments stating this is simply brilliant. huge thanks,
    beatrice
    italy

17. Priscilla says:

the magazine thing is so cool. i absolutely love the dress choices, too!

18. Maggie says:

This is awesome!! I love that blue dress so much!

19. Madeline D says:

omg Mary, you are totally my role model. love everything about the dress memo – so so so beautiful! xx

20. Linda Langes says:

WOW amazing job! That book is a fantastic reference for spring/summer dressing and kudos to you for putting it together so professionally Mary.

21. Kelly says:

This is my favorite post of yours EVER! Thank you!

22. Monika says:

Love this concept so much!
    Love,

23. This is absolutely amazing.. you put so much effort into this and I’ll definitely be referring back to it on different occasions.. I also love that its very relatable (I’m from South Africa and even your holiday dresses are relatable to me) thank you, please do more of these

24. Brijou says:

Superbe ! Belle leçon d’allure, de classe et de bon goût !

25. Janna says:

This is the best ever! I allais have to look into this stuff for every ocasion and now i got this !!! Thank you so very much for the effort you put into it. It probably Tool you forever. And you still did it for us.

Xo Janna

26. Brenda says:

Mary! Love this post. You thought of every imaginable occasion. I love how versatile and lovely your wardrobe is. Now that you are done on this project …..I’m going to start making you think about shoes. I’ve had so many hits and misses but can’t find a beautiful yet comfortable (like nine hours walking and my feet aren’t killing me) pair of heels. I’ve tried to compile tricks and knowledge but I’m sure you got more resources and tricks that will surprise me. Think about it.
    Xo,

B

27. Great idea! Thanks for sharing!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath

28. Saree says:

As always, flawless. Thank you for all the inspiration Mary. When I go shopping and find something great I always search your site in the changing room to see what I can pair it with. You never disappoint! Saree.

29. WOW! I never leave comments on blogs, but this look-book deserves some attention. I’m a blogger myself and can’t fathom the time it took to create such a beautiful piece of work! Congratulations. You seriously did an amazing job. I know a lot of girls who will benefit/appreciate this!

Taylor

30. WOW!superab job here…this very amazing guide I really like it thanks for putting more
    hard work in this….lovely warddrobe. what a great logic of this guide and also
    its very helpful to me I also enjoying when I read your guide!this guide contains
    amazing topics wedding memos, Christmas guide so it very deep concept you have apply
    “30 Dresses in 30 Days series”!

31. Carolyn says:

These dresses are beautiful! Can you tell me where I could purchase the yellow, strapless dress with the slit? I would love to wear it to a summer wedding. Thanks!

Hi Carolyn, I’ve linked to every item depicted right there in the magazine. You can find the link to the dress (and all items that I’m wearing in that picture) by clicking on the link at the bottom of the image that says DRESS. You can also click HERE.

32. Pingback: Shift Your Style – Gingham Style

33. Kylene says:

Thank you for this, it’s amazing and so useful! 🙂 I love the magazine format too!

34. Alisa says:

I’m invited to a “casual attire” (per the invite) wedding that starts at 6:30 pm. It’s being held in a country setting/indoors. What do suggest for a dress?

35. Whitney says:

Hi!

The link for the dress on pg. 40, is for a different dress (or maybe it’s the same line) but it doesn’t have the pleated bottom.

Does anyone know where to find a dress that looks like the one on pg. 40 with the pleated bottom?

36. lita amorim says:

traduza para portuques mostre-me os detales

37. lizzie says:

I am wondering where to buy this lovely high tea dress…Thank you! Liz