conservative office style Jan 25, 2016

Turtleneck Dress + Fur Vest

black midi dress fur vest black bootiesfur vest with black midi dressfashion blogger fur vest midi dresshow to wear a fur vest with a dresshow to wear a fur vest to work turtleneck midi dress with fur vest midi dress black booties fur vest

DRESS: Lafayette 148 (on sale and comes in a gorgeous cobalt blue and ruby red)  |  VEST: ABS (old, similar HERE and HERE)  |  BOOTIES: c/o Dune London (similar HERE, HERE, and HERE)  |  BAG: M2Malletier  |  EARRINGS: c/o Ann Taylor  |  BELT: old but similar HERE and HERE

Whether you’re running to the grocery store in ripped jeans (I’ve been living in these favorites lately) or heading to the office Monday morning in a tailored turtleneck midi dress, I’m not sure there’s anything I love more in the colder months than a good fur vest.  I’ve had the one depicted above for several years, but am obsessed with this similar version and additional options here.  With longer fur vests like the one I’m wearing today, belting is a great option—especially for maintaining the defined waistline that’s established by my fit-and-flare midi turtleneck dress underneath (FYI – it’s on sale, and it’s AMAZING).  Come lunchtime that belt may loosen or vanish (depending on whether I decide that this Monday can only be conquered with the help of my BFF Umami Burger), but I thought that starting the day off with a good old fashioned waistline was at least a nice gesture.

Happy Monday!  Only five days to go…

13 Responses to Turtleneck Dress + Fur Vest

1. Christina says:

Love this vest! I always wished years ago I jumped on board with the fur vest trend.

Christina :: Simple and Delish

Fabulous vest and bag! LOVE the way that you’ve styled this outfit.

3. That vest is perfection. Love how it looks belted!

4. Cristina says:

Love it! The vest adds the perfect touch, otherwise the outfit would be to simple for my taste.

5. Gina says:

Can you do a post on affordable places for recent grads to find work clothes? I love your blog, but this is my first job…I can’t afford spending so much on one item.

Thanks!

• Sarah says:

Hi there, hope you don’t mind me jumping in here with a few recommendations! Try White House Black Market, Banana Republic, and Ann Taylor LOFT for classic, quality workwear. All three of these stores run great sales, and you can find pieces for very reasonable prices. I would also highly recommend J.Crew in spite of its expensive reputation. If you can get to a J.Crew store in a smaller city or anywhere in the Southern United States, you are likely to find great deals as well. I hope this is somewhat helpful!

6. Marina says:

The combination of a dress, a fur vest and boots creates a perfect cold weather outfit. It’s chic and comfortable at the same time. It’s my favorite.

7. Elena says:

amazing outfit

8. Kelly says:

I love this layered look, so pretty!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

9. Pingback: How To Wear a Fur Vest - 8 Styles to Try - ModlyChicModlyChic

10. Pingback: Style by Vee: Reinventing Your Closet! – 9 to 5 Edition | Press Vee