conservative office style Nov 29, 2015

Pinstripe Wideleg Trousers, Tie Neck Blouse

Pinstripe Wideleg Trousers Tie Neck Blousewide leg trousers for workivory bow tie neck blouseworkwear fashion blog mordern loafers for womenwomens office style tie neck blouse and pinstripe trouser wide leg pinstripe trouser and ivory blouseconservative fashion blogger BLOUSE: TY-LR (sold out, but sleeveless version available HERE, tons of similar options here and love this one)  |  PANTS: Alice and Olivia (here in black; similar pinstripe versions herehere; & love the same pants in this color)  |  SHOES: c/o Everlane  |  COAT: old, very similar here)  |  EARRINGS: similar here  |  LIP: NARS (Bansar)

I wore this ensemble last week, and while catching up on the recent season of Scandal this weekend (read: Thanksgiving Weekend is for Eating, Shopping and Binge Watching TV Shows), I realized that Elizabeth North, played by Portia de Rossi, is basically wearing a version of this outfit in every single episode.  While I may not be quick to engender her knack for blackmail as the best means of climbing the corporate ladder, her work style is so on point for me.  Nothing beats a classic pair of Katharine Hepburn-esque high-waisted, wide-leg trousers paired with a tie-neck blouse for the perfect feminine counterpoint to the menswear tone hit with the loafers and pinstripe pants.  If these widelegs are a little too dramatic for you, check out the similar pinstripe options here and here.

As noted above, the blouse I’m wearing just sold out, but if you’re a fan of the bow blouse trend, take a gander through all of the similar versions here.  The one I’m wearing is by TY-LR, which is a new-to-me brand that I’m absolutely in LOVE with.  I just scored this dress (which you can also see here better on the model) which is 25% off during the weekend sales!  Speaking of weekend sales, check out my list of the best deals going on this weekend while you’re lounging around today / watching football games.  I’ve been snatching up a bunch of gifts from the 2015 Holiday Memo since you can get basically everything on sale right now.  In particular, I’ve gotten these jeans, this hostess gift, and these for upcoming Christmas entertaining at my house!

I hope you enjoy the last day of this holiday weekend, and although tomorrow means a return to work for most of us, check back here bright and early for lots of Cyber Monday favorites!  All the sales this weekend are overwhelming (and a little annoying), but I know from learning the hard way in years past that they’re certainly worth the effort in knocking off your holiday gift list!

15 Responses to Pinstripe Wideleg Trousers, Tie Neck Blouse

1. Erika says:

I really love that you paired this with loafers as opposed to heels. Heels are kind of the standard for women around an office, to the point that you often get looked at kind of funny if you aren’t wearing heels, but sometimes I don’t want to wear shoes that kill my feet!

It’s too bad that the top just sold out, because it was a really nice option, but I LOVE the pants. The lip color also looks great on you.

• Kathy says:

Ditto, Erika! Due to foot surgery, heels are difficult for me to wear, especially the killer 3 inch or higher. Love the look but usually opt for 2 inch heels at the highest, or most often, flats if they work with the outfit.
      BTW, Mary, I’m loving these weekend posts to satisfy my need for a Mary Orton fix!

Looking so beautiful in this incredibly classy and minimalistic outfit!
    I like your blouse very much!

3. pinar ugursoy says:

I sometimes wonder if your buy these or just borrow them to take photo shot as there are different attires of the same kind and model in different posts. The reason I have such a feeling is that you could use here in this post the same blouse you used in the post dated 09.08.2015 with tile Ann Taylor classics. These are basically white silk blouses with a bow whether the bow is tied in the middle or sideways does not justify to buy two blouses. Why should one buy two different blouses of the same flavor?

I’m not sure I follow your question, but I’ll say this: You don’t have to buy anything. You also certainly don’t have to buy two blouses you consider to be very similar. I personally own these two ivory tie-neck blouses because I happen to really like them and wear them often. I also own more than one pair of skinny leg jeans, more than one pair of tennis shoes, etc., for the same reason. I occasionally show similar styles more than once on Memorandum simply to offer my readers ideas on how to wear the styles differently. I hope this helps!

• pinar ugursoy says:

Thank you very much for your reply… I understand that you own everything you wear in your posts; clothing stores or brand names do not give any promotions to the bloggers.

Best wishes and good luck for your nice blog…

4. pinar ugursoy says:

Sorry… There was a mistake and a typo in the previous comment I posted. I tired to repost a revised version, but the system did not give permission as the two comments looked very similar. The correct title is Kate Spade.

5. Flo says:

That blouse is amazing! I wish it was still available but the other options you provided are great! Keep up the excellent work Mary! Us up-and-coming corporate conquerers are watching and taking cues from you!!!

6. voylla says:

Looking fabulous with this trouser which fitted with neck tie love your beauty.

7. Sush says:

These pants look fabulous on you Mary, but the caveat is only someone tall and sleek can really pull them off. Having said that, I hear from friends and family its getting quite chilly in SF, so the addition of the military inspired jacket is perfect. And also, who does not need a beautiful bow blouse, its a closet must for any working girl! Hope you had a fab thanksgiving weekend.

8. Mckenzie says:

You need to be a part of a contest for just one of the best websites on the net.
    I will recommend this web site!

9. Dennis says:

Great line up. We will be linking to this amazing post on our site.
    Keep up the great writing.

10. Denial says:

Really nice dressing style.Trouser with neck tie this perfect combination gives you a complete stylish look.