creative office style Apr 16, 2014

Leather Lady

Shot by Alexander Scott Harris

Dress: Trina Turk (also on sale here in limited sizes)  |  Shirt: Brooks Brothers c/o  |  Shoes: Franco Sarto (similar here and more below)  |  Necklaces: Gorjana (similar here and here) and Kate Spade  |  Bracelets: Alex and Ani  |  Sunglasses: Karen Walker  |  Nails: Essie (Play Date)

Tomorrow is the last day of Shopbop’s Friends and Family Sale!  Check out my Shopbop favorites by checking out my SHOP page here or my Pinterest ‘Wishlist’ board here.  With code ‘INTHEFAMILY14‘ you get 25% off sitewide!

Shop the Post:

20 Responses to Leather Lady

1. Dana says:

Love this combo. Classic and crisp, yet the leather makes it different!

Pink Champagne Problems

Incredible look! This dress is superb!

3. vanessa says:

that is one gorgeous dress!! i recently got a faux leather dress for a steal on piperlime and will definitely try pairing it with a white button down underneath to give it a more “work appropriate” look! thanks for the inspiration!! http://buddingfashionista.com/

4. Beautiful! I love how you styled this dress in a very feminine way.

Annette | Lady of Style

5. Patrícia M. says:

The leather dress is really a beautiful edgy piece, perfectly done with feminine pieces!

6. Anonymous says:

This is my favorite of your outfits so far! Love it.

7. Julie says:

Very cute! I love how you paired it with the button down and the gold jewelry!

Style by Joules

8. Rachel Lynne says:

Are you kidding me?! This dress is AMAZING. Gorgeous, fun, edgy and professional all at the same time!

9. Colleen says:

That is one crisp button-down!

10. Coco says:

Hi Mary! Just a quick question: do you get your clothes altered? I refuse to believe that the impeccable fit of your clothes is off the rack! The way you put your clothes together is amazing, but it’s really the way they fit you that puts it above and beyond.

• Wow, thank you! I get very few items altered, but occasionally do with “investment” pieces. I also occasionally drop simple hemlines on pants, but do that myself at home most of the time. Otherwise, 90% of my clothing is off the rack, so if it doesn’t fit well, I don’t buy it! I think that fit is incredibly important and am very particular about finding garments that are cut well. You may have the most beautiful piece, but if it doesn’t fit well, you still look like a slopfest… ; )

• Coco says:

Surprised to hear that! I hope you can educate us on fit — there’s a lot of resource out there, but I’d immediately trust your tips as you obviously practice what you’d preach.

In fact, would love to see more posts along the vein 10 cubicle crimes.

Happy to have stumbled across your blog.

11. Anonymous says:

Love this dress! Love that it’s edgy but still office appropriate.

12. Love that cute outfit ! great blog. Follow me back please !! http://maisonneuvec.blogspot.com/

13. Pingback: Stylish Summer Office Outfit Ideas

14. The white shirt and the dress go so well together that I was so shocked to find out that they’re separate pieces! What a wonderful combination! Such a sleek and classy outfit. I’m definitely taking pointers.

How To Be More Like Lauren